World Hope International works in North America to combat human trafficking and extreme poverty though various programs that address economic development and education.
World Hope International has programs in Guatemala, and Haiti.
World Hope International has been working in Guatemala since 2002, primarily through its child sponsorship program.
- Child Sponsorship in Guatemala: Child sponsorship at WHI, in partnership with Christ Wesleyan Church (CWC) in Milton, PA, currently serves children in seven villages surrounding the Atitlan Lake (San Juan, San Marcos, San Pablo, San Pedro, Santa Clara Solola, Santa Maria and Tzucabal). Child Sponsorship provides children the opportunity to attend school by providing school supplies, tuition, and food during the “hungry” months. In 2016, WHI facilitated 82 sponsorships, benefitting 85 children in Guatemala.
World Hope International has been working in Haiti since 1997, primarily through its child sponsorship program. WHI has also helped with disaster relief and HIV/AIDS awareness and prevention in country.
- Child Sponsorship in Haiti: In Haiti WHI aims to help children receive an uninterrupted education and attend primary and secondary school. Sponsorship funds help to pay for a child’s tuition, uniform, and school supplies. WHI serves children in impoverished areas of Diquini and Cité Soleil, on the outskirts of Port-au-Prince, as well as a community in Petit Goave called Percin. In 2016, WHI facilitated 177 sponsorships, benefitting 265 children in Haiti.
- Haitian Partners for Health (HPH): In 2006, World Hope International established partnerships with Haitian community-based organizations to create the Haitian Partners for Health (HPH). This network of schools, universities, youth associations, churches and healthcare providers helped to effectively implement HIV/AIDS prevention programming, provide counseling and testing services through mobile and freestanding clinics, extend care to orphans and vulnerable children, and provide care and support people living with HIV/AIDS.
- 2010 Haiti Earthquake Relief: The 2010 earthquake killed 230,000 people, injured over 300,000 people, and left over 1.5 million people homeless. Through established partnerships with Haitian Partners for Health (HPH), WHI provided immediate food and water relief, emergency assistance to healthcare providers, assistance to orphaned and vulnerable children, and helped to rebuild three schools in Cite Soleil, Petit Goave, and Jacmel.
- 2016 Hurricane Matthew Relief: On October 4, 2016, Haiti was devastated by Hurricane Matthew, the most powerful Caribbean hurricane in nearly a decade. World Hope International, in partnership with the Wesleyan Church, delivered shipments of 2,000 water filters, 2,520 hygiene kits and 342 tarps to the most affected areas of Haiti.