EVENT | WEBINAR SERIES
World Hope International Webinar Series – 2019
11:00 am ET on Tuesday, April 23, 2019
In celebration of Earth Day, World Hope International, Katadyn Group, and Airlink hosted a webinar on responsibly responding to global emergencies.
From anticipating increasingly volatile climate conditions and being prepared to handle natural disasters, to responding to crisis in the moment of, to building resiliency in disaster prone areas; emergency relief can have a major impact on the environment – for better or worse.
How do we make sure that our emergency preparedness, relief, and resiliency building are environmentally conscientious?
That’s what we discussed in this webinar – as well as the roles that members of civil society can play in emergency relief.
This discussion covered:
- Creating sustainable emergency response plans
- Immediate challenges and the importance of clean water and sanitation
- The impact of single-use plastics on the environment short and long-term in disaster response
- Alternative clean water solutions in emergency response
- The roles for civil society in emergencies & best practices
- Building effective, efficient, and environmentally friendly resiliency initiatives
There was a time for Q&A at the end of the webinar and a recording will be available online following the event for anyone unable to view the webinar live
CEO & President, World Hope International
Business Development Manager, Katadyn Group USA
Humanitarian Programs Director, Airlink
Tanya Renea Nace
Executive Director of World Hope International Canada
AN ORGANIZATION YOU CAN TRUST.
World Hope International is committed to sound stewardship and using your gift to deliver the most effective, sustainable solutions for alleviating poverty, suffering, and injustice. In 2017, 92% of funds contributed were used for program expenses. In order to use our resources in the most efficient manner possible, we may deem it necessary to redirect your contribution to the greatest need or our general purposes.