A child can be known, loved, and launched.
Real community transformation begins by investing in children.
The encouragement of a sponsor affirms that each child has been created in the image of God, has been named, and has a story worthy of being heard!
Through a range of programs, your sponsorship contributes to tuition assistance, school uniforms and shoes, school supplies, food support, spiritual guidance, community and school development, teacher training, and more.
With your support, sponsored children are launched to be agents of love and hope in their communities around the world.
How is COVID-19 affecting my sponsored child?
Due to lock downs and school closures across the world, many sponsors have wondered what is happening in their sponsored child’s community. All of our partner schools are reopening between August – October 2020. Hand washing stations, soap, and prevention information have all been distributed and our team will continue to support communities in removing their unique barriers to a quality education.
Sponsor a Child
- Known – When a child receives their first letter from you, they believe someone cares about their story.
- Loved – Through sponsorship, God’s love pours out of you–right into that child–in the form of encouragement, prayers, and opportunity.
- Launched – With education, confidence, and hope for their future, you have launched a child on a journey to live to their fullest, God-given potential.
Special Needs Child
- A Caseworker – A highly qualified, compassionate caseworker is assigned to your sponsored child and his or her family. Hope for the future starts here!
- A Plan – A plan is created for each child including therapy needs, family and community training, and specialized equipment.
- A Future – With therapy, confidence, and a restored sense of value, you have launched this child on a journey to live to their fullest, God-given potential.
Child Sponsorship Works
WHAT WE’RE DOING ABOUT IT
To maximize the impact of your investment as a child sponsor, we adapt our solutions to poverty, suffering, and injustice to each country or region where we work—whether in Guatemala, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Liberia, Philippines, Sierra Leone, Sri Lanka, or Zambia.
We address the holistic needs of children and their communities. Success is measured not only by whether the child is attending school, but our overall impact on the region’s food security, access to clean water, reduction in sickness, improvements in teacher training, and the availability of school supplies.
We encourage sponsors to write their sponsored children regularly, whether it’s to share their interests, encourage their children to work hard in school or to share a scripture verse that ignites spiritual growth. And, that encouragement can make all the difference!
In 2017, we celebrated your sponsorship impact.
of sponsored children
passed their school year and will move on to the next grade level, and more than 30 graduated from high school
of sponsored children
in Sierra Leone passed the National Primary State Exam, exceeding the countrywide rate of 75%
benefited 2,047 children; with more than 428 new sponsors, the program has grown by nearly 23%
AN ORGANIZATION YOU CAN TRUST.
World Hope International is committed to sound stewardship and using your gift to deliver the most effective, sustainable solutions for alleviating poverty, suffering, and injustice. In the fiscal year 2019, 91% of all expenditures went to program services. In order to use our resources in the most efficient manner possible, we may deem it necessary to redirect your contribution to the greatest need or our general purposes.