Preparing volunteers ahead of disasters to make clean water and operate our emergency desalination and water purification systems
In disasters, response time matters.
Clean water is vital for health and sanitation and, left without water for days at a time, impacted communities are prone to a secondary disaster such as a cholera outbreak.
That’s why not only do we act immediately, but we also act beforehand by training volunteers on how to use our clean water emergency solutions. When a disaster strikes, we can put out a call from our volunteers and immediately deploy teams of 5 – 10 trained and ready responders.
We conduct training throughout the year and any groups interested in being WHI Emergency Relief Water-Team Responders can reach out to us to set up a training and go through the application process.
Interested in serving with us on our Fresh Water Volunteer Teams? Let us know! Be sure to include details like the team training group size you have in mind and where you are located as well as a little about who you are and why you want to join us.
- To train volunteers on Katadyn’s Spectra Watermakers Aquifer 360 systems
- To create a team of disaster response volunteers prepared to deploy following emergencies
- Volunteers across North America are confident and competent in setting up and operating water stations following emergencies
- Volunteers are able to produce clean water using desalination and reverse osmosis
- World Hope is able to respond rapidly to disasters and make clean water while minimizing environmental impact post-disaster
Water Team Volunteers Trained To-Date
I had an amazing experience in the Philippines with World Hope! The team worked together flawlessly. Our mission distributing life-saving filters and supplies went perfectly! It was quite an adventure. Thank you so much for the Fresh Water Team training in Nova Scotia earlier this year.
Request a Fresh Water Team Group Training
AN ORGANIZATION YOU CAN TRUST.
World Hope International is committed to sound stewardship and using your gift to deliver the most effective, sustainable solutions for alleviating poverty, suffering, and injustice. In the fiscal year 2019, 91% of all expenditures went to program services. In order to use our resources in the most efficient manner possible, we may deem it necessary to redirect your contribution to the greatest need or our general purposes.